With the election a week away our nation is at a critical point.
There are many important issues including the enormous debt, energy independence, how to deal with national security and terrorism, and health care, to name a few.
But as a Christian, it boils down to three issues above all others that make me want President Obama replaced by Mitt Romney. However these seem overshadowed by the others in the media:
- Preserving religious liberty
- Defending marriage
- Protecting life
Mitt Romney has said: “Religious liberty is the first freedom in our constitution. And whether the cause is justice for the persecuted, compassion for the needy and the sick, or mercy for the child waiting to be born, there is no greater force in the nation than Christian conscience in action.”
Obama has said: “Whatever we once were, we are no longer a Christian nation.” And the list is astounding of ways his administration has diminished religious freedom, like celebrating Muslim holidays but making no mention of God in his Thanksgiving Day proclamation, or not having a White House observance of the National Day of Prayer. David Barton documents many more examples on his website.
This spilled over to how Obamacare forces religious institutions to provide abortions in health insurance or morning-after medications. It also forces all employers, including me, to do this against our consciences and religious beliefs.
Romney has said: “On day one I will eliminate the Obama administration rule that compels (this). Such rules don’t belong in the America that I believe in.” Regarding marriage, Obama reversed his position and now publicly supports so-called same-sex marriage.
Romney has pledged to “vigorously defend” the Defense of Marriage Act, the federal law that protects marriage between one man and one woman.
When it comes to the unborn, it’s been said that Obama is “the most pro-abortion president in history.” As a state senator, he led the fight to deny life-saving care for babies who survive abortions.
As governor, Romney had a pro-life record, including his veto of life-destroying embryonic stem-cell research. As president, he has pledged to reverse the Obama policy of allowing foreign aid for abortions.
For these and other reasons, I endorse Mitt Romney to be elected president of the United States on Nov. 6.
We will have election-night coverage on our CharismaNews.com website. And, you can download our Charisma News free app in the iTunes store or by texting “Charisma” to 24587.
Please forward these articles on social media and to your own email lists. And, please put down your comments on our website.
Steve Strang is the founder of Charisma Media and president of Christian Life Missions. He is also the author of the best-seller God and Donald Trump. Follow him on Twitter and Facebook. Click here to subscribe to the Strang Report podcast, and here to sign up for the Strang Report newsletter.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details