Every year we make New Year’s resolutions, and every year we forget them by March. But what if we could actually make our goals happen? What if we could actually stick with it?
To make resolutions work we have to first learn how to make change happen in our lives—how to embrace it, and how it use it to take us to the next level. So this year, before you lock in resolutions, let’s study this list of how to position ourselves for change. I’ll pulled these from my book Jolt! and I think they’ll help you in 2012:
1. First, Understand That There Can Be No Other Choice. Most New Year’s resolutions fail because the stakes aren’t high enough. When it’s not important, we don’t take our resolutions seriously. What do you need to change that’s really “life or death” for you? An extra 10 pounds might not be much to most people, but for a model, actress or athlete, it could kill a career. Don’t make a resolution unless it’s really critical.
2. Cut Away Negative Relationships. Good relationships inspire and motivate you. Bad relationships suck the life out of you and grind you down. In 2012, surround yourself with people who believe in your vision. Get rid of the negative people in your life, and surround yourself with people who are convinced of your possibilities!
3. Change What Matters. Take control of your priorities, and you’ll take control of your life. We often fail because we don’t take the time to decide what’s really important. A promotion has little value if it comes at the expense of your family or spiritual life. Stop spending so much time on what other people think is urgent, and spend more time on what really matters.
4. Eliminate Destructive Distractions. Release the negative baggage from your life. Stop re-living your last failure and start focusing on the future. The divorce, firing, bankruptcy or other disaster in your past does not determine your future. As long as you dwell in the past, you’ll never discover your destiny.
Think about these four things before you decide on resolutions. Because the truth is, when you know how to position yourself for change, annual “resolutions” matter less because you’re always looking for ways to improve your life.
Have a great time in 2012!
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details