Most of us would agree that for at least the past two years, the U.S. has walked through a season of darkness—spiritually, culturally and in many other ways. But Rabbi Curt Landry has a prophetic word of hope, even as we enter the Hebrew month of Kislev, which, he says, is "a month of darkness inflamed with hope."
"What's happening right now is the Hanukkah story," the Messianic leader tells Dr. Steve Greene on a recent episode of the Greenelines podcast on the Charisma Podcast Network. "The spiritual clock is going into darkness to magnify the light." We all need to ask God to bring the flame of Hanukkah into whatever darkness we may be facing, he explains.
Landry likens the situation to turning on the gas fireplace in his home and sitting with all other lights turned off so the darkness magnifies the flames. "And that's what Hanukkah is all about. Hanukkah is all about in the darkest hour of your life, ask the Lord to bring that flame of Hanukkah fire.
"You know it is the Feast of Dedication," he adds. "It's called the Festival of Lights. And what happens is when you dedicate your life to the Lord in the midst of the darkness, He always creates a festival of light."
Landry says we often can't find the light we need because of the darkness in our carnal minds. We need a time to refocus by having those paths put into darkness or taken away so, just as when we look at a flame in a dark room, our spiritual eyes will refocus and allow us to see.
"That's what's happening in the month of November, that you'll be able to see new pathways and new ways to go in your life to ultimately find that flame of fire, which is symbolic of the Holy Spirit, and be able to restore your relationship with the temple of God, which is you. You are the temple when you're born again," he says. "The Holy Spirit abides and lives in you, and you become the temple of the Holy Spirit. And the Feast of Hanukkah is all about restoring peace, joy and love into the temple."
For much more from Rabbi Curt Landy about bringing the light of Hanukkah into your life in this season of darkness, listen to the entire episode of Greenelines at this link, and subscribe to Greenelines on your favorite podcast platform for more inspiring stories like this one. You'll also want to visit curtlandry.com/Hanukkah-story to find Hanukkah: A Story of God's Amazing Miracles, a workbook that enables you to stand firm in your faith in the midst of darkness as well as other Spirit-birthed resources. Find Landry's own podcast, Ancient Principles, Kingdom Authority, also on the Charisma Podcast Network.
Read articles like this one and other Spirit-led content in our new platform, CHARISMA PLUS.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details