At age 4, it happened—the traumatic experience that froze his emotions. And now, at age 73, he sought inner healing.
Author and Bible teacher Mark Virkler shares this wounded man's story on a recent episode of the Greenelines podcast on the Charisma Podcast Network, noting that "inner healing is allowing Jesus to step into the scenes in our mind that we're looking at that don't contain Jesus." Allowing Jesus to do just that, he says, brought the man into a divine encounter that brought spontaneous freedom and deliverance.
But first, Virkler asked the man to share what had taken place all those years ago.
"I was 4 years of age, my brother was 2, and he was in a crib, and we were together in a bedroom," the man told him. "My brother's leg slipped through the bars of the crib, and he accidentally hung himself and died. And my mother came in and shrieked, and all my emotions have been frozen ever since."
Although the woundedness lasted 69 years, Virkler says the healing took place within a minute or two. "Jesus said, 'My rhemas are life.' This is John 6:63. 'My rhemas are Spirit and life. ... And he said, 'The flesh profits nothing.' So I can try to crank up a bunch of verses I've memorized and apply them to fix it, but He said, 'You cranking up anything isn't going to work. It's my rhemas."
"So we prayed and asked Jesus to show up," he adds. "We looked; He showed up. Jesus comforted him; his mom comforted him and—spontaneous flow of thought: You're not responsible. You're not the guilty one here.
"It all happened within less than a minute, two minutes at the most, but it was a divine heavenly encounter." Virkler says. "And divine heavenly encounters are what heals us. It's not me doing anything other than letting the wonderful Counselor counsel me."
For much more from Mark Virkler on the prayers that bring inner healing, listen to the entire episode of Greenelines at this link, and subscribe to Greenelines on your favorite podcast platform for more Spirit-filled stories like this one. Find Virkler's new book on this topic, Prayers That Heal the Heart (Revised and Updated), wherever fine books are sold.
Read articles like this one and other Spirit-led content in our new platform, CHARISMA PLUS.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details