"In a dream, I saw Jesus, and I had a moment with Him. And it changed my life. I woke up from it, and I was just emotional—for several days, I felt like I was under the weight of this visitation that I had.
"It changed the way I wrote music, changed the way I preached—it changed everything," Pastor Jonathan Stockstill tells Dr. Steve Greene on a recent episode of the Greenelines podcast on the Charisma Podcast Network. After his powerful experience, Stockstill believes most people are missing out on the real Jesus, and he's working to bring Him to as many as he can through his preaching ministry at Bethany Church in Baton Rouge, Louisiana, his music career and his new book, The Real Jesus.
An encounter Stockstill had during the relief efforts for Hurricane Ida, which hit his area hard, reinforced the importance of a personal knowledge of the real Jesus, he says.
"I was walking down the street of one of the [church] campuses where we were passing out food, and there was a man sitting on one of the steps, eating a meal that we had just provided for him," Stockstill says. "And I didn't mean for this question to be super engaging. I just said, 'Hey, how you doing?' ... And he looked up at me, and he just started to cry, just out of the question, 'How you doing?'
"So I realized this was a real hurting person," Stockstill says. "He obviously didn't have power in his house. And so I sat down; I just started to converse with him, and his wife had left him with their two kids, and he was a chef—lost his job during COVID, and we were talking about how life was hard.
"And I opened the Scriptures to where it says, Matthew Chapter 11, 'Come unto Me, all you who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I'll give you rest. Take My yoke upon you, for it's light.'
"I read that Scripture and when I did, this guy just broke and began to cry," Stockstill says. "And I was able to lead him into relationship with Christ.'"
For more stories of how the real Jesus continues to change lives today, listen to the entire episode of Greenelines at this link, and subscribe to Greenelines on your favorite podcast platform for more inspiring stories like this one. Find The Real Jesus wherever fine books are sold.
Read articles like this one and other Spirit-led content in our new platform, CHARISMA PLUS.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details