It began with a dream—a dream that has now become a movement. And it all surrounds a now-familiar sight: a simple white flag adorned with only a pine tree and the words "Appeal to Heaven."
"My wife and I learned early on to process our dreams and encounters because it just helps us to steward what the Lord is revealing," revivalist Rick Curry tells Dr. Steve Greene on a recent episode of the Greenelines podcast on the Charisma Podcast Network. "In the dream, I felt like we really saw a strategy."
When Curry's wife, Jennifer, came into the room, he started telling her about the flag God had shown him in his dream. "I had sketched it out in my journal," he says.
But then Curry says something even more amazing: "I had never seen the flag before in my life. As a matter of fact, even when we've traveled and told the story, I often ask if there's any person who ever learned about the flag or studied the flag in school. And I have yet to have anyone who said that they did."
Jennifer was the one who first told him, "I just believe the flag might be real," Curry says.
"And I really kind of chuckled, because I thought, It cannot be real," Curry says. "And so we Googled it. And sure enough, we discovered that it was real. It was an authentic American flag; it was actually the first flag of our nation. And many of the Founding Fathers wanted that flag to be the flag of our nation.
"It was created in 1775, and I had never seen it before," he adds. "But it heightened the significance of the dream in my spirit at the time."
Since that time, the flag and its "appeal to heaven" message have gone around the world, thanks in large part to Curry and to the prayer-focused ministry of Dutch Sheets, Curry says. "I can't underestimate to you the sight of the flag, the revelation of the flag."
For much more from Rick Curry on the "Appeal to Heaven" flag and the additional prophetic messages God brought him through his dream, listen to the entire episode of Greenelines at this link, and subscribe to Greenelines on the Charisma Podcast Network for more inspiring stories like this one. Be sure to listen to Curry's own podcast, An Awakening Mosaic, also on the Charisma Podcast Network, and preorder his upcoming book with Dutch Sheets, The Sound of Awakening, a call to recover the dramatic symbolism of the flag and release the sound of generations coming together in awakening and transforming revival.
Read articles like this one and other Spirit-led content in our new platform, CHARISMA PLUS.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details