We often hear the term "legend" applied to sports figures, movie stars or others the world considers memorable. But Apostle Michelle McClain-Walters says God is redefining what it means to be legendary—and she is joining Him by calling others to the greatness He has placed within them.
"We really believe greatness is all about being on the television, being first, when Jesus says, 'The greatest of you is the servant,' McClain-Walters tells Dr. Steve Greene on a recent episode of Greenelines on the Charisma Podcast Network. Her new book, Legendary Woman: Partnering With God to Become the Heroine of Your Own Story (Charisma House, 2021), offers women that new and more biblical paradigm.
"What I do in Legendary Woman, I begin to show women that with their love, their compassion, the faith that they have, they can leave a legend of compassion for other women to follow. So I take a look at the characteristics of God, the small things that we do that no one sees on a platform, but it could be legendary in the lives of someone who's the beneficiary of your actions.
"What I try to do in this book is redefine what greatness is," she says. "I take it back to looking at what Jesus said, how Jesus told us, you know, 'There's no greater love than this, that we lay down our lives for a friend.' ... In the book of Acts, the Scripture says about David that 'he served his generation by the will of God.' So I just believe serving our generation can lead to being legendary."
McClain-Walters says in her training with Apostle John Eckhardt, she was the only woman on most of the apostolic teams. "You need to raise up women like you," the men told her, but she didn't understand what they meant.
"So they began to give me definition about being a woman of courage, understanding my word and the authority to preach. And they said, 'You need to reproduce yourself.'
McClain-Walters says she's long known that the kingdom advances through reproduction. "One generation is supposed to teach the next generation," she says. "So that started my passion to see other women like myself, to see them raised up in their destiny to understand they they're powerful, but they can be feminine. ... I found that the best blueprint for that was given in the Bible.
For much more from McClain-Walters on legendary women and how God is raising them up to make an eternal difference, listen to the entire episode of Greenelines at this link, and subscribe to Greenelines on your favorite podcast platform for more inspiring stories like this one. Find Legendary Woman wherever fine books are sold.
Read articles like this one and other Spirit-led content in our new platform, CHARISMA PLUS.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details