What if the fire department answered a call to a fire, and just as the firemen finished putting out the blaze and were ready to head back to the fire station, another call came in?
You know the answer: They'd move on to the next fire.
But what if the calls kept coming, and the firemen had to go to the next fire, and the next, and the next and the next one after that?
That's exactly what happens to our body's immune system—our defense mechanism against infection and disease—when we overload it, naturopathic doctor Mark Sherwood tells Dr. Steve Greene on a recent episode of the Greenelines podcast on the Charisma Podcast Network.
"You want to have a very aggressive, robust inflammatory response," Sherwood says. "But what happens is it needs to come out and do its job quickly, with a vengeance. You want good inflammation, like if you get a cut or something, I want blood to go to that area quickly, I want that wound to coagulate, I want nutrients to go that rebuild that. But then it's supposed to resolve itself."
When it can't resolve because of continuous inflammation, we have the fire truck scenario, he explains. "That weakens your immune system. What I've just described is acute, good inflammation versus this low-grade, systemic inflammation that's long, that's ongoing. And that low-grade systemic inflammation is part of every single solitary disease process."
The basic answer to many of the problems we face with inflammation, Sherwood says, is adding omega-3 supplements to our diet. "The bottom line is when you start getting the cells to work, well, you're getting energy created, and you're turning down inflammatory signaling right away by getting the necessary amount of those omega-3s back in there. And I've seen people get better in a couple days from things like brain fog or stiffness ... I've seen them resolve in 48 hours."
But Sherwood says there's no blanket response, since everyone's system is different. "But I'm confident to say this, that 100% of the people out there would benefit, without question, from supplementing with the right omega-3 fatty acid."
For much more from naturopathic doctor Mark Sherwood about omega-3 supplements and the specifics of how they can help you, listen to this entire episode of Greenelines here, and subscribe to the Greenelines podcast on your favorite podcast platform for more inspiring stories like this one.
Read articles like this one and other Spirit-led content in our new platform, CHARISMA PLUS.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details