Ministry assistant. Worship leader. Television ad executive. Business consultant. College professor. Chief operating officer for a restaurant chain. Pastor. Ad agency owner. Dean of the Oral Roberts University School of Business. Kingdom leader Dr. Steve Greene, executive vice president of media and markets for Charisma Media, has had all these jobs and more.
On a recent episode of the Greenelines podcast on the Charisma Podcast Network, Dr. Mark Rutland turns the tables on Greene and interviews him for his own podcast, The Leader's Notebook. In their wide-ranging discussion, Greene shares the common ingredient—and the Holy Spirit's "secret sauce"—that has brought him success.
"In all of these jobs, I was where the Lord wanted me," Greene says. "What I remember about the whole experience is everything led to something else. As I sit here today, every single stop I made along the way contributed to 'such a time as this.' It all added up to having the experiences that were going to be needed for what God had planned for me for the future."
Greene says after spending time ministering to entrepreneurs in Zimbabwe, Africa, he came back convinced he needed to leave business and get back into church ministry, with plans to return to what he called "my Africa."
The day after he returned, he got a call from a man who needed serious help with his restaurant business.
"I am your Africa," the man said. "You can't leave me. I need you to help me with the store, help me to get profitable. My home is on the line here."
By God's grace, Greene says, he helped the man bring his business back to life. But he also learned a key lesson: The Lord will send His people to the place that matches their calling. "He sends a worship leader to a church that needs a worship leader. He sent me into a food chain that needed someone who could fix their problems," Greene says.
To hear more of Dr. Steve Greene's wisdom on leadership, including an additional key of the kingdom that he says makes it all work, listen to the entire episode of Greenelines at this link, and be sure to subscribe to Greenelines on your favorite podcast platform for more inspiring stories like this one. You'll also want to check out Rutland's The Leader's Notebook podcast on the Charisma Podcast Network.
Read articles like this one and other Spirit-led content in our new platform, CHARISMA PLUS.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details