If you are a parent who is struggling to connect with your children, Natalie Jones has but one suggestion for you—more prayer.
The founder of Parent Compass, a Christian life and family show you can view on the internet, Jones says that parents whose relationship with their children can be described as "rocky" should increase their amount of prayer to get closer to their children and enjoy the relationships they are looking for. It's as simple as that.
"Ask more of God. I don't think any of us are doing that to the level that God wants us to," Jones told Dr. Steve Greene on a recent episode of Greenelines on the Charisma Podcast Network. "God tells us to ask for more of Him. The number of verses in the Bible are incredible.
"In fact, it says, 'You have not because you ask not'—James 4:2. So what do you get when you ask for God?" she asks. "You get more of the Holy Spirit. That's in Luke. And what do you get when you get the Holy Spirit? You get the fruits of the Spirit: love, peace, joy, kindness, gentleness, self-control, faithfulness and patience.
"You also get power from the Holy Spirit," she continues. "So ask for more God; He is waiting for you. Christ came to heal the brokenhearted. If you ask for more of God, He wants to take that brokenness that we all feel to a great extent, and He wants to, as only He can do it, make it into love, peace and joy."
Pastors, associate pastors and everyone in ministry, listen to this. Understand that as the home goes, so goes the church. Hopefully, the church is making an influence on the home. The home is the center of where God wants us to live it and to walk it and to be real. Jones says we must be a different-maker in the home before we can expect to affect the world.
Jones says the episodes of Parent Compass reflect these values.
"Parent Compass is made to be a tool for churches and leaders," Jones says. "It promotes churches wonderfully, and you see how God has worked in these families' lives. Three of them said specifically that we started going to church, and the show lays out how it made the difference."
Listen to the rest of this Greenelines episode here on the Charisma Podcast Network.
Read articles like this one and other Spirit-led content in our new platform, CHARISMA PLUS.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details