Marie Muhammad is intimately familiar with overcoming the "shipwrecks" of life.
As the great granddaughter of Elijah Muhammad, the founder of the Nation of Islam, Marie became ostracized from her family when she shunned their religion to become a follower of Jesus Christ and receive the baptism of the Holy Spirit at age 17.
She endured an abusive and adulterous marriage, a heart-wrenching abortion and poverty. But the Holy Spirit never left her side and Muhammad is now serving the Lord with fervor and determination. She preaches to others of similar circumstances to let them know that Jesus is the only way to salvation.
Muhammad also heads up a ministry called Ruth's Vineyard, which she says is a mission to serve young single mothers by providing educational support and resources. She's written a book called Overcoming the Shipwrecks of Life on Broken Pieces, published in 2020, and she's the host of the Overcomers Podcast on the Charisma Podcast Network.
Muhammad's book is a memoir based on Acts 27, in which the apostle Paul's ship endured a great storm on its way to Rome. It's a biblical story she clings to.
"Paul received prophetic words that no one was going be lost during that storm," Muhammad told Dr. Steve Greene on a recent episode of Greenelines on CPN. "Everything got destroyed, and they had to toss things overboard to end up making it, some of those on broken pieces.
"And that's how God led me to write my book, the situations that have caused me to become an overcomer. I've overcome many, many things in my life. I struggled with the spirit of murder and suicide. The enemy really wanted me, to take my life and my husband's, because he had gotten so bad. But God began to just draw me and draw me and draw me; and it was through His loving kindness and drawing me near to Him that He began to really deliver me.
"Not only did He begin to turn my heart, but He turned my heart to intercession," Muhammad continues. "God gave me two strategies: mercy and truth. I believed God for great favor and for things to be restored for my family. I believe in God for that favor, and the Word tells us in Proverbs 3 to bind mercy around our neck and to write it on the tables of our heart. If we do, we will find that favor."
For more of Marie Muhammad's fascinating story, listen to the rest of this podcast. And don't forget to listen to Muhammad's Overcomers podcast on the Charisma Podcast Network.
Read articles like this one and other Spirit-led content in our new platform, CHARISMA PLUS.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details