Pastor Janet Swanson knows what it's like to face severe spiritual warfare. At one point, her marriage began to fall apart, her son became sick, her church suffered a split and the family's finances came under attack.
The enemy continued to speak lies to her, and discouragement became a regular part of her life.
"Everything in our life, it seems, was attacked at one time. We were in it, and everything seemed like it was falling apart," Swanson told Dr. Steve Greene on a recent episode of Greenelines on the Charisma Podcast Network. "In my head, and then in my spirit, the enemy kept telling me things like, 'Your husband doesn't love you. He's going to leave you.' The church is like, 'You're worthless. Nobody wants you. Nobody cares about you.'
But deep in her heart, Swanson knew because of His promises in the Bible God would never abandon her. On a drive home to Statesboro, Georgia, from visiting a friend in Atlanta, God spoke the truth she needed to hear.
Her spirit began to heal, and she went through the Healing Streams program. She arose from the pit and regained her confidence. She is now impacting the kingdom again through her preaching and through media, including her podcast One Voice on the Charisma Podcast Network.
"When we were going through this transition, the Lord was causing these things to surface," she said. "And I heard the voice of the enemy speak these things to me. I knew it was a demonic spirit. I just said, 'You know what? I'm just going to get up.'
"On the way home from Atlanta, the Lord spoke to me and said, 'I'm going to heal your marriage. The enemy is a liar. When I got home, the Holy Spirit entered our room and began to heal us both at that moment. It was powerful. The voice of the enemy was silenced immediately. Our marriage, our hearts, turned back to each other again and we began to gradually come out of that dark pit. The Lord was bringing us out and bringing us through. He was a faithful God to do that. I'm just so grateful.
"God brought us through that time and He walked me through the issues that I was going through, the issues of abandonment, the issues that I thought I wasn't a good enough pastor and other things. He's a healer. He knows how to do it."
For the rest of Pastor Janet Swanson's incredible story, listen to the entire episode of Greenelines on the Charisma Podcast Network. And tune into One Voice to hear more on how the Lord is working through Pastor Janet's ministry.
Read articles like this one and other Spirit-led content in our new platform, CHARISMA PLUS.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details