Throughout the season of longing for her own child, Bethany Marshall authored two children's books. Pickles and Prayer and the just released Pineapples and Praise creatively teach the process of seeds in prayer and how the pineapple points us to heaven.
Her own story of trusting God while in the wait will help you encounter the love of God in a more profound way and receive the joy you need to walk through even the hardest times of our lives. A trauma-informed care counselor, she shares ways to heal and move forward from painful circumstances.
"Waiting is a daily thing, praying, asking God to protect my heart—that nothing would take root in my heart—bitterness, resentment— and asking the Lord to fill me with joy. Joy is not temporary or a feeling. It's the fruit that God gives us to be able to walk through the hardest times in our lives. It's the very thing that points back to Jesus and says, 'This is a season that's hard right now, but there is still joy.' Joy isn't based on my circumstances; it's based on who He is. When we pray to God, He also gives us spiritual insight to see the other things He is doing in our lives—a greater and better plan that He is unfolding that could only be done in His timing. Although this desire is deep, I know that what God wants to do first is deeper."
Bethany Marshall is the family life pastor at Trans4mation Church in Altoona, Pennsylvania. For the past 10 years Bethany worked as a Behavioral Health Worker in the mental health field and served alongside her husband Micah in founding Refuge Youth Network. Bethany is also the founder of Daughters Conference, a conference birthed out of her heart for daughters from all generations. She is a graduate of the University of Valley Forge with a degree in pastoral counseling. She enjoys drinking good coffee and finding great deals at yard sales. Connect with her on Instagram @bethanymarshall87 or Facebook and purchase her books on Amazon.
Read articles like this one and other Spirit-led content in our new platform, CHARISMA PLUS.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details