Jesus calls us to die to ourselves, and a victorious Christian life revolves around self-surrender. So why would a Messianic rabbi and international leader encourage us toward a focus on ourselves?
Curt Landry urges us into self-examination for one purpose only, he tells Dr. Steve Greene on a recent episode of the Greenelines podcast on the Charisma Podcast Network: to help us draw closer to God and His purposes for our lives. The popular author and speaker lays out seven questions that can help us think about our calling from God and opening the right doors.
"How you anticipate God is how you anticipate the doors that are open," Landry says. "If you anticipate God as poverty, punishment and lack, then you'll go through the door of punishment and lack. If you think of him as love and abundance, then you wait on the doors of love and abundance."
"So the first question I want them to ask to answer is this: If you could only accomplish one thing for the rest of your life, what would it be?" Landry says. "And they need to go ahead and write it down. ... If you could do one thing, what would you want to do?
"It's important because when they identify that one thing, it's their heart's desire, and your calling from God and heart's desire, when you're born again, or you're really seeking after God—those two things are always the same," Landry explains.
And Landry has a second question. "What do people often seek you out for advice, wisdom and health? What do they come to you for?
"Like, for instance, in our congregation, Pastor Tim's a farmer, so they'll go to him with more things in that line," he says. "I'm more of a businessman. People will come to me for the business. So ask yourself a question. Even if you don't see it, or even understand the value that you carry, what questions do people ask you? Because what people see in you may be a surprise."
To hear the rest of Landry's seven questions for godly self-examination, listen to this entire episode of the Greenelines podcast here, and make sure to subscribe to Greenelines on your favorite podcast platform for more inspiring, informative episodes like this one. Check out Landry's own podcast, Ancient Principles, Kingdom Authority, also on the Charisma Podcast Network.
Read articles like this one and other Spirit-led content in our new platform, CHARISMA PLUS.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details