We all know COVID-19 has had a devastating impact on our world. Michael Thompson of Zoweh Ministries recognizes its devastation, but he views it through a spiritual lens, one that, in the midst of the negatives, also allows for multiplied ministry.
COVID gave the spirits of death and fear that had already been released into the world "some steroids," he tells Dr. Steve Greene on a recent episode of the Greenelines podcast on the Charisma Podcast Network. "I think it gave death and fear the kind of power in the world that we've seen then play out in the hearts of men and women, families, divorce rates. I heard recently that filing for divorce at the end of 2020 in the state of New York was up 70%."
But these trials, Thompson says, have moved men to a place of recognizing their need. The enemy's tactics have left them uncertain, he says.
"And where I see Jesus working is if you're not hurting, if you're not hungry, if you're not asking questions, if you're not uncertain, I don't know that Jesus has a lot to offer you," Thompson explains. "If you have a confidence in your way and what you're doing, how you're doing it, there seem to be these times in a man's life where something needs to be ruined ... something needs to be awry, something needs to be a mess before they can come to the end: 'I don't know what I'm doing. I don't know how to do this. I don't have the answers.' That seems to be when God says, 'Here I am. I'll help you.'"
For more from Michael Thompson on how God is using Zoweh to reach people in the midst of pain and problems, listen to this entire episode of Greenelines here, and subscribe to Greenelines on your favorite podcast platform. You'll also want to check out Zoweh's Exploring More podcast, also on the Charisma Podcast Network, and his book, The Heart of a Warrior, available wherever fine Christian books are sold.
Read articles like this one and other Spirit-led content in our new platform, CHARISMA PLUS.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details