"Can I share something that I feel like God put on my heart for you?"
That may not sound like a normal question to ask someone you just met—especially an airplane seatmate who has already walked away from you after a brief conversation. But pastor, author and podcast host Shawn Bolz knew the Holy Spirit was guiding his words.
"Yeah," the man responded.
"I felt like you're an air marshal," Bolz said.
Since the man had already told him he was retiring from the oil industry, those words came at a cost. "I'm not the air marshal!" he protested.
"Well, I'm just going to say the rest of this, even though I was wrong on that information, apparently," Bolz told him. "I feel like God's going to help your daughter and son-in-law have a baby because they've been having a hard time. And I feel like God wants to show you that this next season of your life is going to be one of the greatest because you're going to be more specifically doing what you felt passion for instead of your career. And you're going to have so much time for family, which you felt like you had to sacrifice some in this career that you've been in. And I feel like God is just saying, 'Well done.'"
As Bolz shared, the man broke down in tears. But he continued to insist, "I'm not the air marshal." And after Bolz finished speaking, he walked away and didn't return until the flight was ending.
"He came back and sat down, but he was really quiet," Bolz says. "I thought, Wow, I really offended him." He got off the plane and waited in baggage claim when suddenly, he felt a man's hands on his shoulder.
"You completely scared me! I had to go investigate you and figure out what you knew," the man told him. "And I realized you really are just a minister who teaches people how to hear from God. And I'm a Christian, too. And this was my last air marshal trip ... You're not allowed to know that; I'm not allowed to disclose that to you. But I just had to tell you, you were right. And everything you said helped me so much. And I didn't know God would be that specific with me, and it helped me so much. Thank you so much."
For more about how Bolz hears from God and encourages all believers that they can do the same, listen to the entire episode of the Greenelines podcast here, and subscribe to Greenelines for more inspiring stories like this one. You'll also want to check out Shawn Bolz's new book, Wired to Hear, now available for preorder, and his podcast, The Exploring Series, also on the Charisma Podcast Network.
Read articles like this one and other Spirit-led content in our new platform, CHARISMA PLUS.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details