"I was first in a prison cell, but it was like a filthy, stinking, smoke-filled dungeon. The heat was so far beyond the ability to sustain life, and there were demons in the cell that were playing In the cell, and they grabbed me; they tormented me. They caught my flesh; they threw me into the wall of this prison cell."
That's how Bill Wiese describes his time in hell during a recent episode of the Greenelines podcast on the Charisma Podcast Network. The horrific vision God gave him has now launched not only a bestselling book, 23 Minutes in Hell, but a ministry that has seen countless souls rescued from the utter hopelessness he experienced.
Wiese shares that he got up to get a drink of water one night and suddenly felt "Like I was being pulled out of my body. And I actually saw my body fall to the floor. ... I started traveling down this long tunnel. And it was getting hotter and hotter. And then I landed on a stone floor in an actual prison cell in hell."
Wiese says he was fully awake and cognizant; this was not a dream. "I wondered, How did I get here? Why am I here? How am I still alive?" he says. And the Lord told him the horrific pain he experienced there was only a small portion of what those who end up in hell for eternity will face.
After his time in the prison cell, Wiese says, "I was placed over next to this large, raging pit of fire. This pit, I understood, was about a mile across. And this is where I could first see the people. They were inside this pit burning—literal fire—and people were screaming. It was so loud and deafening. You wanted to get away from the screams, but you couldn't. ... You could not distinguish a man from a woman. They just looked like skeletons. And the heat was just unbelievable."
But that wasn't the worst part of his experience, Wiese says. To hear what he says next about the true horrors of hell and why we should all take every opportunity to keep people from ending up there, listen to the entire episode of Greenelines here. And be sure to subscribe to the Greenelines podcast on your favorite platform, where you'll find stories like this that reveal God's power. To learn more about Bill Wiese and his soul-saving ministry, visit soulchoiceministries.org.
Read articles like this one and other Spirit-led content in our new platform, CHARISMA PLUS.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details