Peggy Joyce Ruth used to live her life in fear of what might happen—until God revealed Himself to her in what she calls a "supernatural dream." He spoke words from what she later found out was Psalm 91 over her: "In your day of trouble, call on Me, and I will answer."
As a pastor, author and international speaker, Ruth has devoted her life to sharing this Psalm 91 answer with others, she tells Dr. Steve Greene on a recent episode of Greenelines on the Charisma Podcast Network. And through the years, others have shared the power of this psalm with her as well.
"In World War II, one of our bombers was returning from a real successful mission, and they ran out of gas," she says. "They had to make a forced landing on a Japanese-occupied island," she says. "Now that was serious. And so the men began to tell their chaplain ... 'You've been telling us about Psalm 91. But this is your chance to prove it.'
"They said he really got to praying," Ruth says. "And their first miracle was that they had landed on the beach, that island, and they were not noticed by the Japanese. They said, 'A big bomber? How could that even happen?'"
But the chaplain continued praying Psalm 91. And at about 2 a.m., Ruth says, "They heard a new sound. And they discovered a large barge had washed up the bit on the beach. And the deck was covered with drums filled with high-octane gasoline. And they thought they were dreaming. They used their in-flight refueling hose and were able to take off down the beach runway.
"Now a lot of the people who heard their story right at first just couldn't believe it," Ruth says. So they decided to look into it.
"They found out later that when the skipper of a U.S. tanker had found himself in submarine-infested waters, he had ordered his gasoline cargo put on a barge to lessen the danger from a torpedo hit ... And they were some 600 miles from where that bomber was going to land," Ruth explains. "Well, in a few weeks, that barge had drifted the whole 600 miles, beached just 50 feet from that stranded bomber, and had gotten there within 12 hours of their landing on the island.
"They'd gone through the night, and right before morning, the gasoline was there," she says. "And then they found out that God had done a miracle, to have the gasoline get to them just when they needed it."
For more stories like this about the power of Psalm 91 to protect you, your family and those you love, listen to this entire episode of Greenelines here, and be sure to check out Peggy Joyce Ruth's newest book, Psalm 91: Frontline and First Responder Edition. Subscribe to the Greenelines podcast for more Spirit-powered conversations.
Read articles like this one and other Spirit-led content in our new platform, CHARISMA PLUS.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details