Sooner or later, we all change our mind about something. But have we thought about allowing God to change our mind?
We should, author and speaker Kris Vallotton, senior associate leader of Bethel Church in Redding, California, tells Dr. Steve Greene on a recent episode of Greenelines on the Charisma Podcast Network. And doing so can not only change our lives, but the lives of those we encounter.
"I have a neighbor, let's say, who hates me," Vallotton says. "And he says terrible things to me. He curses at me; he does terrible things to me. And I say, 'OK, well, how does God think about that?'
"And then I go to Romans 12," he adds. "God says, 'Bless those who persecute you; love your enemies. Pray for those who hate you. Do good to those who do bad to you.' And I tell myself, 'OK, that's how God thinks.'
"But then I go to 1 Corinthians 2 and I ask, 'What is God thinking about my neighbor, John, who's doing that to me?' Vallotton continues. "And then all of a sudden, I tap into the Holy Spirit's thoughts, God's thoughts about John, my neighbor.
"And suddenly the Holy Spirit shows me John's father was a pastor," he says. "And he abused John, and he grew up with incongruence. From the podium, John's dad said one thing, but he did a different thing at home, and on and on."
At this point, Vallotton says he realized "The Holy Spirit just showed me not the principles that God thinks, but actually what God's thinking about John. ... So when John sees me, he sees me as his father who abused him. And now I can be effective in ministering to John because I actually know what God's thinking."
Vallotton says we need not only to allow God to renew our minds (Rom. 12:1-2) but to learn to access God's thoughts through the power of the Spirit: "God can airdrop His thoughts to me, so to speak."
For much more from Kris Vallotton about how the Holy Spirit can transform your mind and your life, listen to the entire episode of Greenelines here, and check out Vallotton's new book, Spiritual Intelligence. Make sure to subscribe to Greenelines on your favorite podcast platform so you don't miss inspiring, informative stories like this one!
Read articles like this one and other Spirit-led content in our new platform, CHARISMA PLUS.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details