Our country stands today, Inauguration Day, as a land divided. We don't have to look further than the headlines to see that division in areas of politics, religion, race and more. So where do we go from here? As believers, we look to the Lord, who often speaks through the Holy Spirit to our spiritual leaders for direction and discernment.
Rabbi Curt Landry shares some key biblical insights for a time such as this with Dr. Steve Greene on a recent episode of the Greenelines podcast. Landry recounts the story in Joshua 5:13 where Joshua asks the captain of the Lord's army, "Are you for us or for our enemies?" (Josh. 5:13b).
"So he said, 'No,'" Landry says. "Or he said, 'Neither,' depending on the translation, 'but as the commander of the army of the Lord I have now come.' And Joshua fell on his face and worshipped and said to him, 'What does the Lord say to his servant?' And the commander of the Lord of hosts said, 'Take your sandals off your feet, for the place that you stand is holy,' and Joshua did it.
"So I really think that we have to come to terms that as we pray—and we are talking about praying, and enduring and standing—we have to understand that the Lord is not for one party over another party, over one idea or another idea," Landry says. "This isn't about the Lord taking sides and fighting for one side and not the other side.
"Here's the key," Landry says. "Let's say that it is the Lord, Jesus; Yeshua is the commander of the Lord of hosts in this. ... but if that's the case, then that means that the Word became flesh and dwelt amongst us. And God does nothing contrary to His Word. His Word is true.
"So if the Word is with the Republicans, then God is standing with that Word," Landry says. "If the Word is with the Democrats, He's standing with that Word.
"All I know is that when the battles come, we need to be found on God's side, not on a party's side. And we need to be biblically standing for righteousness. Because when the Scripture says, 'Do My anointed ones no harm' and 'Do My prophets no harm,' that is when they are speaking out what God wants and what God says. And so that's the scenario that we're in right now."
For more wisdom from Rabbi Curt Landry about how Spirit-filled believers must respond in this critical hour, listen to the entire episode of Greenelines here. And be sure to subscribe to the Greenelines podcast for more inspiring and insightful stories.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details