In these days of rising numbers related to the COVID-19 pandemic, prayer leader Mary Colbert wants us to remember one critical factor: God, not man, is in charge of life and death.
This truth came home to her, Mary, wife of bestselling author Dr. Don Colbert, tells Dr. Steve Greene on an episode of Greenelines on the Charisma Podcast Network, when she saw His power work in a woman's life after doctors had told her family there was no hope. The woman was a patient in her husband's practice, Mary says, and "a God-fearing, godly woman" who had suffered a sudden brain aneurysm.
The woman's daughter called the Colberts and begged them to come and pray over her mother in the hospital, where she had lain in a coma for seven days. Doctors were asking the family to sign papers to remove life support, Mary says. She and Don went to the hospital and prayed in the chapel, asking God, "Is this woman's time up?"
"And we both clearly heard, 'No,'" Mary says. They next went to her room in ICU, where, Mary says, she looked like a corpse. But the Colberts stood on what the Lord had said. "I took her hand and I said to the daughter, 'Do you believe in the resurrection power of Jesus Christ?'
"She said, 'Yes, I do. Of course I do,'" Mary reports.
"Well, I want you to know, your mother is still here, and she is not going to die. ... Whether you unplug that machine or you don't unplug that machine, you have no control over your mom's days," Mary told the woman. "He controls her days, not you, not man. He holds this woman's life in his hands. No man can take her from Him."
"And I said, 'I believe those who are His, that you cannot take their life," she adds. "'They lay it down, but you can't take it.' So I told her, 'You cannot take her life. Because if you turn that machine off, and God wants her to live, she's going to keep breathing.'"
Colbert says she went over and laid hands on the woman and rebuked the spirit of death from her body, commanding it to leave. "And then I told her, 'I know you're here; do not be afraid,'" she says. "'I know you're still here. You're not going to die. Just be at peace.' I said, 'In three days, the Lord's going to wake you up, and you're going to be just fine. That's what He told me.'"
Mary says the woman's daughter looked at her as if she had lost her mind. Listen to the entire episode of Greenelines here to hear the full story of the miracle that happened next.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details