Recent events have revealed a dark side to Netflix, a media company that has been accused of distributing highly questionable, if not immoral, content on its network. Netflix has received a great deal of criticism from the media and outcry from the public for its actions.
Weary of the negativity and the ungodly entertainment such companies have produced, Apostle James Alford, the founder and leader of Righteousness Ministries International in Marietta, Georgia, decided to form his own media company. The streaming platform, called Saltflix, provides believers with an alternative entertainment venue to view faith-based and edifying content. His plan has worked, as his films, TV and music content have made a huge impact, he says.
Alford also has his own podcast on the Charisma Podcast Network called Kingdom Authority With James Alford.
"Netflix found themselves in a lot of trouble because they're putting content on their platform that was averse to the people of God, and they refused to take it down," Alford told Dr. Steve Greene on a recent episode of Greenelines on the Charisma Podcast Network. "Saltflix is kind of an answer to that issue.
"We're seeing a lot of streaming platforms where people, children, can go on and be able to watch films of faith—Christian-type content and even family-friendly-type content," Alford said. "When you go there, you don't have to worry about somebody saying something crazy, or you can just have peace and be able to watch it and be transformed by it.
"Over this next year and beyond, we want Saltflix to become that alternative for people who have a Netflix or Amazon already," he said. "I want people to be able to turn to [our platform], for people to be able to go to find good quality Christian content. You don't have so many Christian filmmakers, but they are awesome.
"So this is a place where you can go and see content that is actually going to agree with your faith," Alford said. "My goal is just to touch people and let them see how God, through film, can transform people because the devil has had his way in media over the last several decades. He doesn't need a physical church because he's transformed the nation, the world, through the media. But we don't need evil in our media."
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
It's a NEW YEAR! Get ready for a NEW YOU!
- New Year Discounts On Book Bundles & Gifts: Click Here to view all our bundles and save up to 72%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- Go Deeper with God in a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all eight of our free courses. Topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Anointed Woman Of God: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Never Stop Praying - Prayer Changes Everything! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- New Year - New You - Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Subscription Special: Subscribe to Charisma for two years for Only $29.97 and get two free gifts. Gift #1 The Harbinger. Gift #2 The Harbinger II. Both books are by New York Times Best-Selling author Jonathan Cahn. View Offer