As an entrepreneur and financial consultant to many executive leaders and corporations, Nathan Culver say God must always be in charge of his actions. If the Holy Spirit isn't leading him every minute of every business day, then Culver knows there's a chance he could lead people in the wrong direction.
That would not only be disastrous for him, but also for the people he's advising. As an author and a podcaster, host of Mastery Talks with Dr. Nathan Culver, he must lean on God to show him the way to help empower other Christian professionals to be effective in their calling.
"There is always a challenge of character and a challenge of how well we represent God within the marketplace," Culver told Dr. Steve Greene on a recent episode of Greenelines on the Charisma Podcast Network. "It's about ambition and competition. In our business, I recognize that those were two hot buttons for me.
"And sometimes, our ambition can drive us, and we think it's the Holy Spirit," Culver said. "That's why it's so important to make sure that you are hearing from God in relation to any initiative or venture you start to go into. If not, ambition could be driving you, and your ambition will have to supply.
"But when Dad (God) is driving, He is obligated to supply and to grow, to help you grow and develop your business," Culver said. "When you're a person who's multi-gifted and talented and has a number of abilities, opportunities will come in abundance. The question is not whether you have the opportunities, but what opportunity is God's to handle. That can be a challenge to discern that. It's not always in how much money you want to make, but is God providing that opportunity in which you can thrive? So you have to be mindful of ambition and competitiveness."
For more about how you can thrive in mastering your money, listen to the rest of this podcast. And, tune into Mastery Talks with Nathan Culver on the Charisma Podcast Network.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
It's a NEW YEAR! Get ready for a NEW YOU!
- New Year Discounts On Book Bundles & Gifts: Click Here to view all our bundles and save up to 72%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- Go Deeper with God in a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all eight of our free courses. Topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Anointed Woman Of God: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Never Stop Praying - Prayer Changes Everything! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- New Year - New You - Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Subscription Special: Subscribe to Charisma for two years for Only $29.97 and get two free gifts. Gift #1 The Harbinger. Gift #2 The Harbinger II. Both books are by New York Times Best-Selling author Jonathan Cahn. View Offer