Brent Wale has spent the first 20 years of his ministry as a youth pastor, and he has reveled in it. There is nothing he enjoyed more than his passion of teaching young people how to live out the gospel and bring it to others.
But then, much to his surprise, he discovered God has something different in mind for him. God spoke to his heart and told him that one day he would become the senior pastor of a church. He's not sure when and where that will happen, but as the youth pastor of Resurrection Life Ministry in Picayune, Mississippi, Wale is preparing himself to take on a higher level of responsibility in the kingdom.
In the meantime, he hopes to help others who know God has called them into ministry but who have yet to find their footing. It's yet another assignment to which God has called Wale.
"I don't think this game is good for anybody but someone who is specifically called to it," Wale told Dr. Steve Greene on a recent episode of Greenelines on the Charisma Podcast Network. "When the Holy Spirit speaks into your life, He puts a gifting skill set in you, and that will be proven by the fruit of what you do.
"You will get past a moment in ministry where it's exhausting, where it is has challenged everything in you, and where there is no other motivation to do this except for the fact that God has called you to it," Wale said. "That's good. When you get past that, there are some really great places where you're not motivated for yourself. You're just simply trying to do it because it pleases the Father.
"Why I feel called is because I know for a fact that God has spoken to me to do it," Wale said. I've seen in my life the fruit of that where I've been able to relinquish control, follow Him and pursue His way. He's blessed what I've done and blessed the church. I just feel honored to be able to pastor and to continue to grow."
For the rest of Brent Wale's incredible journey, listen to the entire podcast.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details