Dr. Michael Brown believes the time has come for major revolution in America.
No, the syndicated columnist and host of The Line of Fire podcast isn't suggesting the violent overthrow of the government, nor that we take up arms or move into political activism. It's a call to something far more extreme.
For Brown, revolution means a call to live out the gospel with all its radical claims, a call for the people of God to impact this generation with the prophetic message of repentance. It is a call to spark the most sweeping counterculture movement in our nation's history—to take back the moral ground that has been stolen from underneath our feet. It's a call to follow Jesus by life or death.
It is action Brown details in his new book, Revolution: A Call to Holy War.
"So, revolution speaks that radical, dramatic sweeping change. Revolution speaks of out with the old and in within the new," Brown told Dr. Steve Greene on a recent episode of Greenelines on the Charisma Podcast Network. "Revolution speaks of overthrowing the status quo. And when you think of the ministry of Jesus, you realize in many ways, he came to the earth to launch God's revolution; he preached on the kingdom of God.
"He spoke of God's kingdom coming," Brown said. "He told us to pray radical prayers like, 'Your kingdom come, Your will be done,' which means that the ousting of the earthly system in the world. The revolutionary thinks that life as it is, it's not worth living, but the causes are worth dying for.
"Jesus says, 'Leave everything and follow Me," Brown said. " 'If you find your life, you lose it. If you lose your life for My sake and the gospel, you find it.' Those are profound truths right there. And the Great Commission, in many ways, can be taken as a revolutionary commission. It's basically, 'let's go change the world together.'
"But the difference is that our revolution is not violent. It's not angry. It's not hateful. Our revolution is not moved by earthly, fleshly motivation. It doesn't shed blood; rather, our revolution is overcoming evil with good, overcoming hate with love. It's overcoming lies with truth. Once we understand ourselves as part of a revolutionary movement, it kind of demolishes the church-as-usual, Sunday-morning and spectator-Christianity-type mentality."
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details