For the first 10 years of his walk with Christ, Curt Landry, founder of Curt Landry Ministries, says he didn't "have any passion" when it came to casting his vote in any election. He says he consulted voter guides, but not the book he should have consulted—the Bible.
But once he discovered that, Landry says, voting not only became his Constitutional right as a U.S. citizen, but it also became a biblical covenant. And that's what guides him when he makes his way into the voting booth.
He suggests all Christians do the same when they head to the polls in early November.
"I am not a political figure. I am a man of God, a businessman," Landry told Dr. Steve Greene on a recent episode of Greenelines on the Charisma Podcast Network. "If you go to 1 Timothy, you have Paul, who is mentoring Timothy, his spiritual son, and he says to pray this way for kings in authority, that we may live peacefully and live quiet lives of goodness and holiness.
"So, if we unpack that, how are we going to live in holiness, and in goodness, when we don't vote in policy with politicians who are actually supporting holiness and goodness? We can't, so you can't. So, what happens is there has to be a light. ... If we're going to live in peacefulness, quietness and holiness, that means we're going to have to have law and order. ...
"Here's the thing about covenant. Let's put it this way: Curt Landry Ministries and Charisma work together on different subjects and projects, and that means the blessing that Curt Landry Ministries carries and the blessings that Charisma carries, they come together. But, at the same time, let's say I was going to partner with something that was evil. I still have my blessings, which are irrevocable, but I can pick up curses from the evil covenant side of this.
"If you're voting for people who are evil, people you know who are killing babies, people who are cursing Israel, then you cannot expect to live as Paul said—peacefully, and a quiet life. So, we have to vote according to Proverbs 6:16-17. It says these six things I hate—the shedding of innocent blood. It's not about Roe v. Wade, it's not about any of these things. It's about our Constitution and attracting a blessing from God."
For more about how your vote could bring curses or blessings on your life, listen to the rest of this podcast.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details