"God, if You're real, help me."
Most of us have heard that "desperate times call for desperate measures." But in prophetic minister, author, mentor and podcast host Liz Wright's case, desperate times led her to pray this desperate prayer:
Wright prayed that prayer, she says, while in a horrific situation. Trapped in an abusive marriage after having grown up with a mother who struggled with mental illness, she battled demons of both her past and present.
But Wright's desperate prayer had an amazing result, she tells Dr. Steve Greene on a recent episode of the Greenelines podcast on the Charisma Podcast Network. "I got filled with Holy Spirit. I began to search the Scriptures, compelled to understand the truth of the resurrection, and studied everything I could get my hands on ... then eventually realized that everything I had known as reality was actually not reality. But actually, Jesus Christ is God, and did rise from the grave. And so I said to Him, simply, 'You're alive, and I want to meet You.'"
And God had something miraculous in store. "On Jan. 20, 1995, again, in another experience, I just cried out for help ... and the result of that was Jesus stood physically in front of me," Wright says. "And to say it was life-transforming is an understatement.
"Obviously, my life, radically, completely transformed in that moment, where He looked at me," she says. "I could physically touch Him, and the light that pours out of His eyes and His skin, which is love, pure love just cascaded through me, and healed me from being fractured, emotionally fractured and depressed and all the things that had gone on in my life to that point."
Today, Wright, who lives in Winchester, England, is part of the British Isles Council of Prophets, and her dynamic podcast, Live Your Best Life With Liz Wright, focuses on bringing others the life she now lives as a new creation in Christ.
"I live passionately, with such a passion to help people understand the value of who we are and who we are to God, and how to live in that connected place with Him as His," she says. "His Spirit's now within us ... so we can live in that amazing union, that oneness we now have with Him as a new creation."
To learn more about how to live into the presence of God and experience your own "best life," listen to the entire podcast episode here, and check out Liz's own podcast, Live Your Best Life With Liz Wright at this link.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details