The prophet Jeremiah was a kingdom voice whom many, in his day, wanted to silence because he spoke God's truth. Pastor and author Mark Biltz says in today's defiant world, God is looking for those who will speak with the same boldness as Jeremiah and not worry about the consequences.
Jeremiah's powerful words in the Old Testament still have impact today, Biltz says. And they will encourage you to persevere in your faith despite cultural shifts and pressures, much as Jeremiah did.
"I believe Jeremiah was a prophet for his day, and in our day, we need to hear what the word of the Lord is for us," Biltz tells Dr. Steve Greene on a recent episode of Greenelines on the Charisma Podcast Network. "By studying Jeremiah's heart, we know he was known as the 'weeping prophet.' And there are many reasons why. But perhaps the greatest reason was how he reflected that God was weeping.
"Jeremiah took on God's heartbeat, just as any parent would do when they have a wayward child or husband or wife," Biltz says. I believe the book of Jeremiah demonstrates not only the chaos of our day in his day, but I believe it's God's heartbreak over the condition of the body of Messiah of today. Gold told Jeremiah that people love to praise the Lord, but they refuse to do what he says."
"God wants to have Himself a bride who is prepared for the wedding," Biltz adds. "So, for me, this guy had a strong desire to show the people the heart of God, which is still the same today."
For more about how Jeremiah's words speak to God's people today, listen to the entire podcast.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
It's a NEW YEAR! Get ready for a NEW YOU!
- New Year Discounts On Book Bundles & Gifts: Click Here to view all our bundles and save up to 72%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- Go Deeper with God in a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all eight of our free courses. Topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Anointed Woman Of God: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Never Stop Praying - Prayer Changes Everything! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- New Year - New You - Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Subscription Special: Subscribe to Charisma for two years for Only $29.97 and get two free gifts. Gift #1 The Harbinger. Gift #2 The Harbinger II. Both books are by New York Times Best-Selling author Jonathan Cahn. View Offer