Crystal balls have a certain allure. There is within us a desire to see the future, to know what might happen today, tomorrow or in November.
Astrologers and palm readers make a living as impromptu fiction writers. But they are imposters with a developed skill, not a gift, to write fast fiction on demand.
The Old Testament prophets heard the voice of God in their time. Their prophetic warnings often changed the course of events or provided clear guidance. When they cried out, "Thus sayeth the Lord," pushback rarely came from the hearers.
Sure, there were false prophets who bellowed their personal agendas, but most were easily discerned and dispatched. There was one true litmus test to the prophetic, and the test still applies today. In a recent Greenelines podcast, Jennifer Eivaz spoke about the prophetic and her book Prophetic Secrets.
"After the Holy Spirit fell in Acts Chapter 2, we began to see elements of the prophetic instantly emerge. And so, we've had prophecy ever since. And I think it's an amazing fact that we all can hear God's voice; we can all step into that. We can actually say what He's saying," Jennifer says.
"The prophetic is not like a horoscope. You see those fluffy, positive words that kind of sound a bit spiritual with a spiritual edge to it ... [But with true prophecy] there's a resonance on it, there's a felt resonance. There's an anointing on it, there's a sword edge on it. And when those words are released, they begin to do what God intended to do," she said.
The anointing breaks the yoke. When God anoints His servants, they speak as led by the Holy Spirit. They hear His voice first, then flow in the release of the prophetic. Eivaz spoke of the importance of submission by the prophet.
"There are people who need to hear what God is saying because they need hope," Eivaz said. "I've been in situations where I have known that if a person did not get intervention, they might have not made it through the night. And you're the person who gets to hear the voice of God and intervene."
As we seek answers from God, we need only to press in to the one true God. He will direct our paths.
For the rest of the interview with Jennifer Eivaz, listen to the entire podcast.
Dr. Steve Greene is the publisher and executive vice president—Media Group, Charisma Media. Sign up here for Dr. Greene's newsletters.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
It's a NEW YEAR! Get ready for a NEW YOU!
- New Year Discounts On Book Bundles & Gifts: Click Here to view all our bundles and save up to 72%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- Go Deeper with God in a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all eight of our free courses. Topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Anointed Woman Of God: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Never Stop Praying - Prayer Changes Everything! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- New Year - New You - Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Subscription Special: Subscribe to Charisma for two years for Only $29.97 and get two free gifts. Gift #1 The Harbinger. Gift #2 The Harbinger II. Both books are by New York Times Best-Selling author Jonathan Cahn. View Offer