With the Fall Feasts upon us—Rosh Hashanah begins Friday evening—Curt Landry draws upon the Parable of the 10 Virgins in Matthew 25 as a "wake-up call" for believers who have simply been going through the motions with their relationship with Christ.
As the founder of Curt Landry Ministry and a man of Jewish heritage, Landry says that now, more than ever, believers need to begin preparing themselves for what will happen when Yeshua comes again in His glory.
"It's the Parable of the Virgins; five were wise and ready and five were not," Landry told Dr. Steve Greene on a recent episode of Greenelines on the Charisma Podcast Network. "I would say to anybody right now that you need to keep your lamps filled and your wicks trimmed. So, be ready.
"Even in modern-day culture in Israel today, if you're in a religious Jewish family, you're getting ready, like it's a wedding. ... They will have one of the younger messengers go out, and they have a shofar, and he'll be blowing the shofar. Then he will have another young man with him, and they literally are saying this in Hebrew, 'Behold, the bridegroom cometh.' ...
"This a forerunner of what's going to happen during the one of the years of the Fall Feasts. Literally the heavens are going to break open and Yeshua is going to come, and He is going to be on His horse with his armies, and they are going to be descending upon Jerusalem. These weddings are literally like previews of coming attractions—what is to come.
"One of the things I'll be teaching this year in the Fall Feasts ... I have a teaching style that I call ACT ... ACT. That means apply, change and transform. So, for Rosh Hashanah, you apply an awakening. At this appointed time, I will choose to awaken my soul. There has got to be a place where you understand the bad choices of sin that has robbed you from the benefits of God.
"That's what repentance is all about. Repentance is disconnecting from the bad choices that have stolen your blessings and reconnecting to your righteousness in Him to be able to access your blessings. You have to choose to apply that, and Yom Kippur is the change. All of us need to change with two places. We need to know Him as a loving heavenly Father, and we need also to know Him in His court as a just judge. We need to trust Him during the change process. And then, Sukkot discourses the wedding celebration, where we choose to abide in Him for the coming year."
For more from Curt Landry about the Fall Feasts and how to celebrate them, listen to the entire podcast.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
It's a NEW YEAR! Get ready for a NEW YOU!
- New Year Discounts On Book Bundles & Gifts: Click Here to view all our bundles and save up to 72%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- Go Deeper with God in a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all eight of our free courses. Topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Anointed Woman Of God: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Never Stop Praying - Prayer Changes Everything! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- New Year - New You - Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Subscription Special: Subscribe to Charisma for two years for Only $29.97 and get two free gifts. Gift #1 The Harbinger. Gift #2 The Harbinger II. Both books are by New York Times Best-Selling author Jonathan Cahn. View Offer