God always warns the body of Christ when the devil is planning something against us. In this era, He is sounding an alarm to warn us of a coming move of the enemy that will target lukewarm, worldly and carnal Christians.
Recently, in my church's midweek corporate prayer meeting, the Lord gave me a vision.
In the vision I saw a dark, foreboding sky as if a storm were brewing. I knew this represented trouble on the horizon. The enemy was building momentum to strike. I then saw vultures circling the earth.
Vultures are scavengers that are stealthy in stalking their prey. They have a keen sense for knowing when an animal is weak, sick and unhealthy; they can smell the stench of disease and death. After vultures attack, they ravage their prey until only the carcass is left. In my vision, vultures represented demonic spirits whose assignment was defeat and destruction.
As the vision continued, I saw the vultures circling over the body of Christ, specifically targeting lukewarm, worldly and carnal Christians. They were searching for Christians who refused to repent of the things of this world, who were not fully surrendered to God and who were spiritually weak. The Lord made it clear that the agenda of Satan in this hour is to bring destruction to the body of Christ by attacking Christians who can't tear themselves away from the things of this world.
In this vision, before the vultures swooped to attack, they defecated on their prey. This put their victims in a spiritual stupor, causing the lukewarm, worldly and carnal to think they were spiritually solid when they were not. Their hearts became hardened to truth whenever spoken. The final analysis of the spiritual stupor was that they became even more vulnerable to the enemy's attack, resulting in an already weakened spiritual state becoming weaker still.
After receiving this vision, I was struck with the magnitude of God's mercy. Oh, how He loves His children. Oh, how He wants to protect those in a weakened spiritual state. Oh, how good God is to warn us of the enemy's plans against the body of Christ.
Brothers and sisters, I implore you to wake up! Heed this prophetic warning! The only antidote for lukewarm, worldly and carnal living is repentance.
There is no middle ground in serving Jesus. It's all or nothing. Run into the arms of your merciful Savior; fall on your knees at the throne of grace and take the enemy's target off your back!
Dr. Jamie Morgan is lead pastor of Life Church (Assemblies of God) in Williamstown, New Jersey. She graduated with her Doctor of Ministry from the Assemblies of God Theological Seminary. Jamie is the author of A Journey to Ministry: Discover Your Calling, Purpose and Destiny. Her website is JamieMorgan.com.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details