Abandoned by her real father early on, Malika Roebuck says it took many years for her to allow God to take away the tremendous hurt she felt and for Him to fill a big void in her life.
But once God got hold of her heart, not only was she able to find the right man to marry, but she also discovered she could forgive her natural father and enjoy a life of peace and contentment instead of bitterness and anxiety.
It's what led her to write Daddy's Girl, a book she hopes will help others find healing from a broken past.
"There are so many women that I've talked to—friends, family and co-workers—where you can see that there's a root cause to their problems, to their hurt," Roebuck told Dr. Steve Greene on a recent episode of Greenelines on the Charisma Podcast Network. "A lot of people, a lot of women, have something known as 'daddy issues.'
"I really wanted to write a book to show other women that it's possible for these issues to heal. No, I'm not the poster child for healing, and I still have some things I need to sort out mentally," Roebuck says. "But at the same time, I was tired of seeing many women continue to hurt and put their 'daddy issues' into a box and make it something they just couldn't talk about.
"I wanted to write my story to let women know that it's very possible to heal and grow beyond this," she says. "There are decisions that you make that are not the right ones, and there's a root cause behind the way you think the way you do. I hope that people can read my story and that it will not only inspire them, but that they can relate to the pain of growing up with a void in their heart—a place that only a father could fill, but God can heal."
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details