Throughout my ministry, I have always had a desire to help people become the person God created them to be. I have experienced and witnessed many obstacles, some of them very demonic, that keep people from finding true fulfillment.
I believe in a place called, "The Promised Land." In this place, God's children are living healthy and fulfilled lives. You cannot experience this promised life without healthy connections in three areas. God created us to be connected to Him, to others and to ourselves.
This sounds simple, but surprisingly, many people have several disconnects. Obviously as Christians, we must be connected to God, and the only way to have that connection is through Jesus Christ. According to Scripture, we are to love unconditionally and be a working part of the body of Christ. God expects us to connect with other people, but many people walk through life with shallow relationships with others at best. They are unable to be transparent and take the risk to have a close connection with other people.
The third area, one most people do not talk about, is the ability to connect with yourself, as they say, to "Be in touch with yourself." It is the ability to connect to and understand what is going on inside and give value to yourself. Sadly, many people pay no attention to their own psychological and emotional needs. Some live a very shallow existence and never mature in many areas of their life. I want to see people be all they can be by connecting in all three of these vital areas.
In episode four of Self Talk – With Dr. Ray Self, I dive deep into these connections by discussing how to identify what connection is lacking and how to have the courage to make a move toward healthy connections.
Dr. Ray Self is a former pastor and is currently president of the International College of Ministry icmcollege.org. He has authored two books: Redeeming Your Past and Finding Your Promised Land and Hear His Voice. Be His Voice, both available on Amazon.com.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details