My idea of fun does not include a high-speed ride around sharp curves, accented by deep plunges and stomach-dislodging twists and flips. I don't wake up in the morning with even the tiniest desire to fly upside down on a speeding bullet.
I pay amusement parks to not let me ride a roller coaster. I'm not necessarily afraid of the ride; I just don't think it's fun to feel sick for the remainder of the day. I can stay home, watch the news and feel all the sick I can handle.
In my interview with Pastor Joe Joe Dawson on the Greenelines podcast yesterday, I was introduced to a useful analogy about a roller-coaster ride.
Pastor Joe Joe packs a powerful punch of passion in his teaching, writing, videos and podcasts. He leads Roar Church in Texarkana, Texas, with a sweet spirit and driving force to see every believer fulfill their God-given destiny and live life to the fullest. He and his wife, Autumn, teach a lifestyle of revival and awakening.
Joe Joe taught me that a roller coaster is launched to go where it's supposed to go. The path is chosen and prepared. Yes, there are hills and valleys accented by twists and turns. When we step into a roller coaster, we submit ourselves to go where the coaster will take us.
I'm reminded of when the apostles said to the Lord, "Increase our faith" (Luke 17:5).
The response of Jesus was simple and penetrating. "If you had faith as a grain of mustard seed, you could say to this mulberry tree, 'Be uprooted and be planted in the sea,' and it would obey you" (Luke 17:6).
The apostles were looking for a larger quantity of faith. More must be better. But Jesus said a tiny mustard seed would be all they would need for their journey. Jesus was very clear to tell His disciples it wasn't that they needed more faith; they needed the right faith.
It wasn't a matter of quantity, it's only the quality of faith that matters. Jesus promises to be present in the smallness of our faith.
I've always been amazed as I watch coaster riders approach the peak of their climb up a hill. They let go of their handle and throw their arms into the air in praise as they dive into the deepest valley of their journey—right back to where they started.
Dr. Steve Greene is the publisher and executive vice president—Media Group, Charisma Media. Sign up here for Dr. Greene's newsletters.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Incredible Savings, Inspiration and Encouragement from CHARISMA:
- End Of The Year - Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
- Big Discounts On Book Bundles & Gifts: Click Here to view all our bundles and save up to 72%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, and more.
- FREE eCourses by CHARISMA: Click Here to view all eight of our free courses. Topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Women Of God: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Prayer Changes Everything! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.