Jenn Stockman knows what it's like to have the enemy try to silence your voice for the kingdom. He does so in many ways, including the demonic emotion of shame.
But Stockman, director of the first-year program at Bethel Atlanta School of Supernatural Ministry, says God never meant us to deal with shame, and our voice for the kingdom is meant to echo throughout the world to reach the lost and the discouraged.
"There are so many mirrors all around our life, and shame wants to be a mirror," Stockman tells Dr. Steve Greene on a recent episode of Greenelines on the Charisma Podcast Network. "Sin wants to be a mirror; our poor choices want to be a mirror; our culture wants to be a mirror.
"But really, the purest mirror is the Father's eyes, when we can get close enough to see the Father. In the purest way, we see ourselves in the reflection of how He sees us," she says. "The gospel requires that all others bow, even my own opinion about myself. I will bow to the way He sees me in the reflection of His eyes.
"Your voice is the uninhibited sound of who and whose you are. You belong to the Father," Stockman says. "None of us is exempt from the human experience of shame. But we are set apart on the earth for how we deal with shame and what we do with it. And really what we do is we run to the Father. Shame's whole idea is to get us to hide from the presence of God and hide from the Father when we feel ashamed, because His love, His presence, is the healing in that experience we can never get wrong.
"We can still get acceptance when we fail," Stockman says. "We can still get love. That is His nature. His goodness, His kindness toward us will never depend on if we got it right or if we got it wrong. That's when our shame starts to get healed."
For more about shattering the demonic emotion of shame and about Jenn Stockman's ministry, listen to the entire podcast.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details