Will Ford is a revivalist, a leader in the prayer movement and a reconciler of races. His end goal is that of the Lord's—redemption. Ford travels the globe with his family's heirloom, a prayer kettle, passed down from his enslaved ancestors. He uses it as a catalyst for mobilizing prayer, unity, revival and true biblical justice.
On a recent podcast episode, Ford explained something that many in the body of Christ may not realize: Jesus experienced racism. As followers of Christ, our response to prejudice needs to be the same as His.
In New Testament times, there was a bitter racial divide between the Jews and Samaritans. Intense hatred between these two groups prevailed. In Luke 9:51-56, Jesus wanted to cut through Samaria on his way to Jerusalem and sent word ahead to advise them of His plans. But the Samaritans sent word back that they would not receive Him.
Ford explains that when he was growing up, as an African American young man, there were certain neighborhoods he felt it wise not to cut through: white, Hispanic and black. Many in our nation have shared same experiences. If Ford walked through particular sections of town, the people may not have received him. But he points out that instead of reacting as the disciples did, we need to response like our Savior.
Jesus' disciples wanted to angrily call fire down from heaven to destroy the Samaritans. They wanted revenge but didn't realize from what spirit they were speaking. But Jesus harshly rebuked them.
And Jesus' response becomes even more astonishing! In the next chapter, Luke 10:25-37, a lawyer asks Jesus, "Who is my neighbor?" It is here that Jesus tells the story of the Good Samaritan. Will Ford points out that even when we have been on the receiving end of racism, we need to respond with a right spirit. "Let me tell you about the good police officer," "Let me tell you about the good black man" or "Let me tell you about the good white man."
To receive hope and healing for your heart, listen to the rest of Will Ford's story in this week's Fire Starter podcast.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Incredible Savings, Inspiration and Encouragement from CHARISMA:
- End Of The Year - Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
- Big Discounts On Book Bundles & Gifts: Click Here to view all our bundles and save up to 72%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, and more.
- FREE eCourses by CHARISMA: Click Here to view all eight of our free courses. Topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Women Of God: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Prayer Changes Everything! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.