Like most believers, Pastor Ruth Hendrickson became very familiar with Proverbs 3:5-6 after her salvation. But it wasn't until she went through what she termed as a "difficult season" in her life that she truly discovered its meaning.
The passage is one Christians know well: "Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will direct your paths." Knowing it is one thing, but applying it to your life is quite another.
Applying the Scripture is only part of what Hendrickson, a pastor, mentor and conference speaker, has been teaching on her podcast, Real Truth with Ruth.
"With every part of our being, we have to learn to trust in Him and that includes during COVID or whatever comes up in your life," Hendrickson told Dr. Steve Greene on a recent episode of Greenelines on the Charisma Podcast Network. "It includes your good days and your bad days. You can always trust Him.
"If we try to go into our own understanding, we're not going to see it correctly. Yes, God gave us our brains, and we use them. But they always have to be in alignment with the kingdom of heaven and with kingdom thinking so that we see things from His perspective. So, just like the Scripture says, you must trust in the Lord with all your heart, and you must lean not unto your own understanding, and in all your ways you must acknowledge Him.
"Every step I take, every move I make, it's my responsibility to do the best I can to guard my relationship with Christ, to understand His Word, to be walking as He tells me to walk, and it says that He will direct my path. He will take our steps and our missteps, when relinquished to Him, He will use them for his glory."
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details