Mondo De La Vega knows more than a little bit about adversity and warding off attacks from the enemy. He grew up without a father and, by the grace of God, escaped the gang life of the dangerous streets of East Los Angeles.
And as the executive producer of The Jim Bakker Show, he's now witnessing and praying through an attack from our culture on Bakker himself, who is in the midst of a lawsuit filed against him by the state of Missouri for what it claims is a "fake treatment" for COVID-19.
The key to his strength?
"It's been my intimate relationship with Jesus Christ," De La Vega told Dr. Steve Greene on a recent episode of Greenelines on the Charisma Podcast Network. "That's been the foundation, and Jim has always taught me to trust God and to commit my whole entire life to God. Go back to the foot of the cross.
"It's one thing talking about your faith, but another is living out by experience, what you go through in life. I remember R.T. Kendall, years ago, was one of my mentors. I always thanked him for his friendship for years and for pouring into my life. He used to say to me, 'Don't allow the circumstances of your life to change your faith. Instead, let your faith change the circumstances of your life.'
"When we face challenges like we're facing right now in the natural, your physical body wants to curl up and give up and just cower under the hurts and attacks that people make on you. But, at the same time, I have a tenacity inside of me to not roll over and die. Instead, I go back to the Word, and I start praying and asking God for wisdom and to understand the times and the seasons we're going through. That's the foundation.
"It's very simple, to understand what God's was trying to do with all of His prophets, all of His people, on building trust with Him and having the courage to face the giants in our lives. The giants we face daily are no match to the five rocks that God gave David.
"I always tell people this: 'Get around mentors, people who can give you wisdom. If you don't have the right mentor in your life, you can start making decisions out of weariness and hurt. That's the last thing you want to do. When you surround yourself with mentors who can give your wisdom, you can start making better decisions for yourself.'"
For more about Mondo De La Vega and his ministry, listen to the entire podcast.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
It's a NEW YEAR! Get ready for a NEW YOU!
- New Year Discounts On Book Bundles & Gifts: Click Here to view all our bundles and save up to 72%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- Go Deeper with God in a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all eight of our free courses. Topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Anointed Woman Of God: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Never Stop Praying - Prayer Changes Everything! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- New Year - New You - Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Subscription Special: Subscribe to Charisma for two years for Only $29.97 and get two free gifts. Gift #1 The Harbinger. Gift #2 The Harbinger II. Both books are by New York Times Best-Selling author Jonathan Cahn. View Offer