As a Marine, Jared Laskey knows what it's like to be called to sacrifice. He has sacrificed for his country, and he has sacrificed for his fellow Marines.
After the service and a struggle with PTSD, he became a youth pastor. He thought his natural path after that would be to become a pastor. But it's not what God had in mind for him.
It wasn't until he discovered his identity in Christ that Laskey found what he says is his true calling—the office of prophet. Laskey laid down his priorities to surrender to those God was calling him to.
"[As a Marine] there comes a point in time where you just kind of lose yourself; where you kind of have to die," Laskey told Dr. Steve Greene on a recent episode of Greenelines on the Charisma Podcast Network. "I'm not talking like spiritually dying to yourself, which is a biblical principle. I'm talking like when you just consider yourself dead to make sure that your Marines, your friends, make it out. In Iraq, I died emotionally, and I didn't know that until I came home.
"When I became a youth pastor, I thought I would do what everybody was supposed to do after youth ministry, and that's to become a pastor. But no, I failed at that. And that's on me. But I learned from it.
"I eventually realized that I know who I am and whose I am. I know my identity as a son of God, and He has called me to be a prophet. He's called me to be an evangelist. He's called me into the fivefold ministry. I wasn't supposed to be a pastor. So it's only been within the last two years that, and I'm not ashamed to say this, that God has called me to my office."
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
It's a NEW YEAR! Get ready for a NEW YOU!
- New Year Discounts On Book Bundles & Gifts: Click Here to view all our bundles and save up to 72%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- Go Deeper with God in a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all eight of our free courses. Topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Anointed Woman Of God: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Never Stop Praying - Prayer Changes Everything! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- New Year - New You - Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Subscription Special: Subscribe to Charisma for two years for Only $29.97 and get two free gifts. Gift #1 The Harbinger. Gift #2 The Harbinger II. Both books are by New York Times Best-Selling author Jonathan Cahn. View Offer