Randy Kay spent most of adult life as a devout agnostic. As a student at Northwestern University, he and some friends actually had a mission to disprove all religions, especially Christianity.
But when internal injuries and multiple blood clots, suffered from a near-fatal accident, took him to the brink of death while lying in a hospital bed, there was only one thing Kay knew to do—cry out to the name of Jesus Christ. It simply came out of the blue.
It was then Kay came face-to-face with the one whose existence he had so passionately denied for so many years. The encounter radically transformed Kay's life and beliefs, and Jesus told him he had much more to accomplish in life.
"The experience was so profound and so real," Kay told Dr. Steve Greene on a recent episode of Greenelines on the Charisma Podcast Network. "I felt the comfort of this body next to me, a softness. I didn't look into His eyes at the time, but I remember recalling at that moment that, 'This is love. This is love.'
"Jesus' eyes tunneled into me and exposed everything dark within me. He knew everything about me and everything I had ever done in my life. We spent time together, and He told me that now was not my time. He crushed me so tightly. I remember that most, that He never let go.
"And I didn't want to leave. The Lord told me that I had not yet fulfilled my purpose, and that He was sending me back. He said there were people praying for me. I still had many trials ahead of me [including his daughter's near-death experience], but I now know that, even through my brokenness that I would later experience, I could trust Jesus. God is love, and knowing that trumps everything else."
Kay's book, Dying to Meet Jesus, explains his transformation from a life of doubt to one of genuine joy. His testimony will show readers how God uses suffering and brokenness to build an intimate and indestructible relationship with Him.
For the rest of Randy Kay's incredible story, listen to this podcast.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details