Even after God called Jessica Newsome out of a homosexual lifestyle, the temptation still remained, and it scared her. An internal struggle ensued.
To overcome those feelings, Newsome knew she would have to surrender completely to God's will, and that it would be a difficult journey. But she realized it was the only way out.
And that's what Newsome wants to convey to others, whatever life issue they struggle with, through her nonprofit, Love at the Cross Ministries. On her podcast, "The Victory > the Struggle," she wants them to get the message that God's love conquers all.
"When God called me to give up the lifestyle, I didn't want to do it, because I was going back and forth with this internal battle," Newsome told Dr. Steve Greene on a recent episode of "Greenelines" on the Charisma Podcast Network. "That seems like a miserable way to live. There were times when the enemy will try to tempt me the way he tempts me with any other thing.
"But what I did not understand was when God calls you out of it and you begin to walk with Him, He is trying to strip you of those sins that you've held on to for so long. He wants you to know that you are not in bondage to the sin life.
"I've been single for eight years because God's like, 'We're going to do some deep work with you, Jessica. Take it nice and slow,' which I love about Him. There are times when the enemy knocks on my door, opens it a bit and then breaks down the door and just rushes in to where I'm really struggling. But I have learned to say no and to ask God to help me to get right again. There's a freedom and a joy, and I'm learning how to walk the way He wants me to walk."
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
It's a NEW YEAR! Get ready for a NEW YOU!
- New Year Discounts On Book Bundles & Gifts: Click Here to view all our bundles and save up to 72%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- Go Deeper with God in a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all eight of our free courses. Topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Anointed Woman Of God: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Never Stop Praying - Prayer Changes Everything! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- New Year - New You - Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Subscription Special: Subscribe to Charisma for two years for Only $29.97 and get two free gifts. Gift #1 The Harbinger. Gift #2 The Harbinger II. Both books are by New York Times Best-Selling author Jonathan Cahn. View Offer