An old adage has it that "an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure." Dr. Mark Rutland is a firm believer in that, especially when it comes to the condition of your soul.
The simple truth, Rutland says, is that hurt people hurt people, and the damage they can do to themselves and others is simply unacceptable in God's sight. Rutland says that, while the altered life may well begin at the altar, it may need to continue in a counseling office. Ultimately, it is God who heals, but people must find the courage to be healed.
"People ask themselves, 'Why am I struggling emotionally?'" Rutland told Dr. Steve Greene on a recent episode of "Greenelines" on the Charisma Podcast Network. "My emotions are damaged, and God is a healing God. They know there is a healing for them.
"But the second part of that is that they need to find the courage to say to a counselor or a pastor that they are struggling and that they need to be healed. Many people who are struggling with damaged emotions spend their lives blaming someone else. They will never be healed as long as they are doing that.
"People need to look in the mirror and say, 'All right, this part is on me.' Then they can start the process of getting healed with a professional that can really help them. Start internally by telling God that you want to be healed, and that you don't want to be like this. Invite the Holy Spirit in, and then go get help."
For more about the courage to be healed, listen to this podcast.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details