"What I tell my guys is that they're not here to get off drugs and alcohol, that's not their issue," says Spence Pfleiderer, president and CEO of Central Care Mission.
Instead, their sin issues are rooted much deeper and manifest in abusing drugs and alcohol.
Pfleiderer runs Central Care Mission, an Orlando-based rehabilitation center that focuses on showing addicts the transformative power of Christ.
But what makes CCM unique is defining sobriety by spiritual steps, not just physical ones.
"We challenge them to become the man of God they were created to be, and we don't hold back," Pfleiderer says. "They're going to have new habits and disciplines and lifestyles of complete change and transformation."
Listen to the podcast, brought to you by Courage for Life, to hear more about CCM and the truth about addiction.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details