"Children of divorce, no matter how young they are, need to understand that God is there and that He's desiring them to cry out to Him and that He will help them through the process," Krista Smith, author of The Journey: Divorce through the Eyes of a Teen, told Dr. Steve Greene on a recent episode of "Greenelines" on the Charisma Podcast Network. "We have a whole chapter called, 'Where is God when it hurts?'
"Divorce forces us to grow up too fast. When you became a parent, God gave you the responsibility to raise your children to the best of your ability. Don't take the easy street. Give your children a childhood they can look back on and say it was the best days of their life. Being a family of divorce makes this harder, but it is not impossible."
A divorce left Smith wondering how the breakup would affect her two children, 4 and 6 at the time. She wanted to make sure they weren't scarred for life and that they would enjoy a healthy relationship with God.
All this led Smith to form Sonset Point Ministries and write The Journey, a 12-week course curriculum that deals with anger, grief recovery, relationships, the children's relationship with God, forgiveness and acceptance.
"Covering these topics, they can leave the course with hope for their future so they can go out and feel like they can stop the cycle of divorce in their family and they can have a good, strong marriage themselves."
For more about The Journey and Sonset Point Ministries, listen to the podcast below.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details