Ah, Memorial Day Weekend—a time to honor our fallen heroes and remember what they sacrificed so we could live in the land of the free and the home of the brave.
As we reflect, we must remember that these freedoms came at a price. Today's volatile American culture is pushing for restrictive religious freedom. At Charisma, we are committed to showing you the truth about current events and how believers can stand as watchmen on the wall for God and country.
Check out these resources to equip you in your faith and freedom.
1. RISE by Brigitte Gabriel—CLICK HERE TO BUY
"YOU NEVER REALLY OWN FREEDOM, YOU ONLY PRESERVE IT FOR THE NEXT GENERATION."
Issuing a bold wake-up call to America, New York Times' best-selling author Brigitte Gabriel reveals the people, organizations and forces at work to dismantle our Judeo-Christian values and freedoms, destabilize and threaten our national security and radically redefine our very way of life. Gabriel regularly faces death threats from terrorists, condemnation from critics and attacks from the "PC police," yet she refuses to back down.
Rise will empower you by:
- Providing a plan for preserving your values and freedoms before it's too late.
- Educating you on how to identify behaviors and ideas that could threaten the local community and ultimately national security.
- Motivating you to unite with other patriots who wish to preserve our endangered Judeo-Christian values and freedoms.
- Helping you understand what you can do to fight the forces that aim to undermine our nation.
This book is critical to your family and your personal freedom. Will you sit back and watch the greatest country our world has ever known slowly fade away? Or will you rise?
2. Trump Aftershock by Stephen E. Strang—CLICK HERE TO BUY
Trump Aftershock by Stephen E. Strang explores how Trump's agenda aims to:
- Free the economy and stock market to boom as never before.
- Restore the federal courts with judges who rule by the Constitution, not legislate from the bench.
- Address the surge of illegal immigration.
- Rebuild the U.S. military to ensure peace through strength.
- Combat the media's fake news war on the president.
- Deal with Kim Jong-Un, Vladimir Putin and others through an unconventional approach to foreign policy.
- Expose the deep state and the agenda of former President Obama.
- Strengthen ties with Israel and find a lasting peace in the Middle East.
- Protect religious liberty and traditional values.
- Uplift America's standing in the world while putting America's interests first and more!
3. Fault Line by Billy Hallowell—CLICK HERE TO BUY
Understand how to respond to the battle being waged against our foundation through the mainstream media, the entertainment industry and the educational system.
More Americans than ever are counting themselves among the "nones"—the cohort of Americans who are not necessarily atheistic, but who do not claim allegiance to a particular religious system. The key question is: why? Consider that the nation's three main educational systems—the mainstream media, entertainment and the university system—lean to the political left and typically paint an inaccurate picture of what Christianity truly is.
With this in mind, Billy Hallowell skillfully explores how society's main educational avenues fail to deliver fair-minded content and how their biases are reinforcing negative values and fueling the rise of the "nones." Hallowell also offers practical steps for all Christians to take and provides advice on how to respond to these growing problems.
4. Distortion by Chelsen Vicari—CLICK HERE TO BUY
Can the evangelical church be saved?
Peek behind the curtain of some "hip" or "progressive" evangelical churches, past the savvy trends and contemporary music, and what you find may surprise you. Liberal evangelicals—despite how apolitical they claim to be—are gaining ground, promoting a repackaged version of Christianity that distorts the authority of Scripture and is causing a mass exodus of young people from the teachings of Jesus Christ.
In Distortion, Chelsen Vicari confronts this move away from authentic Christianity and the principles that have made America great. Arming you with Scripture, historic Christian teaching and social science that specifically addresses the challenges confronting our country, she covers topics such as:
- Understanding the link between faith and policy.
- Unmasking the social justice disguise.
- Confronting the truth about homosexuality.
- Unveiling the Jesus feminists.
- Living out the truth with boldness and grace.
It is time to take a stand once again in the culture wars, this time for the sake of our youth and our future. To keep praying, keep acting, keep discerning truth, keep upholding Scripture as authority and keep fighting on the battleground where Christianity and public policy collide. This is a great challenge. But it is one that every generation of evangelicals must be willing to take on for Jesus Christ.
It is worth the battle. America needs us. The church needs you.
5. The Deplorables' Guide to Making America Great Again by Todd Starnes—CLICK HERE TO BUY
Winning was just the beginning. Change may start at the White House, but it finishes at your house.
In The Deplorables' Guide to Making America Great Again, Fox News Radio host Todd Starnes reports from the front lines of the culture war in America and provides insights on what you can do to bring about real and lasting change in our nation.
We've told Washington enough is enough, and we want to change the course of the country. President Obama called us bitter. Hillary Clinton called us irredeemable. The mainstream media called us backwater bigots. We were mocked by Hollywood and dismissed by academics. We were marginalized by the media—bullied and belittled by sex and gender revolutionaries. With the election of Donald Trump, the American people have spoken.
6. Faith of the American Soldier by Stephen Mansfield—CLICK HERE TO BUY
What goes through the mind of an American warrior spiritually and religiously when facing the enemy? Treading on a subject where few books have gone, The Faith of the American Soldier examines the religious and spiritual issues in America's wars and then considers what is lost to our military through a secular approach to battle.
Stephen Mansfield, author of The Faith of George W. Bush, a New York Times' best-seller, records the faith reflections and testimonies of men and women who have fought on the front lines from Lexington to Iraq.
Do men and women in battle revert to the faith of their youth, or do they gravitate to the spirituality around them? Do they lose all faith in the face of horror, or do they piece together an informal spirituality that simply gets them through the fight? Mansfield explores these questions through the lens of his deep respect for the military.
Want more? CLICK HERE for Spirit-filled resources from Charisma Media.
Get Spirit-filled content delivered right to your inbox! Click here to subscribe to our newsletter.
Great Resources to help you excel in 2019! #1 John Eckhardt's "Prayers That..." 6-Book Bundle. Prayer helps you overcome anything life throws at you. Get a FREE Bonus with this bundle. #2 Learn to walk in the fullness of your purpose and destiny by living each day with Holy Spirit. Buy a set of Life in the Spirit, get a second set FREE.