For Christians, the grieving process is markedly different than for non-believers, Dr. Carol Peters-Tanksley says. And while the deep, heart-wrenching pain can be felt by both, Peters-Tanksley says the believer's outlook on pain and loss has a much different connotation.
"For the Christian that's going through grief, it's about embracing truly excruciating pain of loss and irrepressible hope at the very same time," Peters-Tanksley told Dr. Steve Greene on a recent episode of "Greenelines" on the Charisma Podcast Network. "Those two things can coexist.
"The very deep and heart-wrenching pain is real, it's there. But, at the very same time, those of us who know Jesus, we know that this is not the end. There is the confidence that nothing, even the darkness and the pain of grief and death, cannot extinguish that hope."
Peters-Tanksley, an OB-GYN physician and doctor of ministry, went through the grieving process in 2016 when her husband, Al, passed away. After God nurtured her through her grief, she felt compelled to write the book The Christian's Journey Through Grief: How to Walk Through the Valley with Hope, due to be released later this month.
Peters-Tanksley clings to the confidence believers can have in 1 Thessalonians 4:13, which says, "But I would not have you ignorant, brothers, concerning those who are asleep, that you may not grieve as others who have no hope."
For the rest of Dr. Carol Peters-Tanksley's story, listen to the podcast below.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details