As part of the African-American community, Dr. Joseph Green knows full well the deep-seated racial wounds that have darkened American culture and pervade modern society. Those wounds underlie Green's launch of the 2019 Movement, intended to restore and reconcile the black community in America to its God-given destiny.
Listen to the podcast to hear our interview with Dr. Green!
The co-founder of Antioch Assembly located in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania and a board member for Healing International, Green began to take notice of the intensity at which racial division began to accelerate throughout this past decade. Tragedies surrounding Trayvon Martin in Orlando, Florida, and Michael Brown in Ferguson, Missouri, to name a few, grieved his spirit.
Green refers to John 17:21a, in which Jesus prayed, "that they may be one, as You, Father, are in Me, and I in You."
"God's intention is for us to be reconciled not only to Him, but to each other," Green told Dr. Steve Greene on a recent episode of "Greenelines" on the Charisma Podcast Network. "That made sense for me as to why there was such racial division and unrest and prejudice that was really coming to the surface again in this country. I believe it's because the enemy is trying to do as he always does—distort and twist and disrupt God's plan—which is for us to come together, every tribe and every tongue, as one."
Green says this unity and healing begins with forgiveness, the staple of the 2019 Movement. Every time he speaks to audiences, he prays a prayer of forgiveness he hopes will overwhelm all of God's children.
"You're empowered when you recognize that someone has done something to me, but yet I'm not allowing it to have power in my life, for it to continue to victimize me," Green says. "Unity in the midst of diversity can't be something that just happens. It should be something that we as the church are pursuing, especially in this time and season."
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details