As a truck driver Monday through Friday, Chad Bird has many opportunities to spread the gospel. God has given him an on-the-road platform to bring an encouraging message to not only his customers but also the many homeless people he meets every week.
As a speaker and author of the book Upside Down Spirituality: The Nine Essential Failures of a Faithful Life, Bird wants people to know that even though they may be struggling at the moment, God has other plans for them. They have value in His sight.
"Everyone in one way or another is looking for hope," Bird told Dr. Steve Greene on a recent episode of "Greenelines" on the Charisma Podcast Network. "They're struggling with one thing or another. If I can be there to offer support and encouragement or prayer, then thanks be to God for that opportunity.
"I love the way my job keeps me connected with everyday people in every situation. It gives me a lot of opportunities to interact with people, customers in my area where I deliver. But I've also had many interactions with homeless people, and I kind of act like a secret agent or an undercover priest to speak words of peace and hope and to pray with them. God has put me in a ministry position that is unlike anything I would have foreseen years ago."
For the rest of Chad Bird's story of encouragement, listen to the podcast below.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details