In the daily grind of leadership, we must find every opportunity to focus on the one.
Team meetings are necessary and serve a purpose. Committee meetings are useful for passing monkeys. Project teams get things done.
The essence of leadership occurs in one-on-one meetings.
Influence occurs through relationships.
Trust is built face to face. Eye contact transfers meaning hidden by the chill of texts or email.
High-quality one-on-one meetings only occur with proper planning and clarity of purpose. Otherwise, the meeting produces little more than a conversation about a wide range of topics.
Frequent one-on-one meetings every week, are more productive than one long meeting each week. Four 15-minute meetings are better than a single one-hour meeting.
But the hidden key to frequent, brief meetings, is an extreme focus. Optimum output occurs when each party shares one important discussion point in the meeting.
One focus. One point. One takeaway on each side of the table. Done.
The meeting may only serve to expose the need for a long, deep meeting to thoroughly review a project or report. Daily one on one meetings provide opportunities to connect on what matters most today.
Leaders convey love through attention—every day.
Before your next meeting, plan your one thing.
Dr. Steve Greene is the publisher and executive vice president—Media Group, Charisma Media. Sign up here for Dr. Greene's newsletters.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details