In the daily grind of leadership, we must find every opportunity to focus on the one.
Team meetings are necessary and serve a purpose. Committee meetings are useful for passing monkeys. Project teams get things done.
The essence of leadership occurs in one-on-one meetings.
Influence occurs through relationships.
Trust is built face to face. Eye contact transfers meaning hidden by the chill of texts or email.
High-quality one-on-one meetings only occur with proper planning and clarity of purpose. Otherwise, the meeting produces little more than a conversation about a wide range of topics.
Frequent one-on-one meetings every week, are more productive than one long meeting each week. Four 15-minute meetings are better than a single one-hour meeting.
But the hidden key to frequent, brief meetings, is an extreme focus. Optimum output occurs when each party shares one important discussion point in the meeting.
One focus. One point. One takeaway on each side of the table. Done.
The meeting may only serve to expose the need for a long, deep meeting to thoroughly review a project or report. Daily one on one meetings provide opportunities to connect on what matters most today.
Leaders convey love through attention—every day.
Before your next meeting, plan your one thing.
Dr. Steve Greene is the publisher and executive vice president—Media Group, Charisma Media. Sign up here for Dr. Greene's newsletters.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
It's a NEW YEAR! Get ready for a NEW YOU!
- New Year Discounts On Book Bundles & Gifts: Click Here to view all our bundles and save up to 72%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- Go Deeper with God in a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all eight of our free courses. Topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Anointed Woman Of God: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Never Stop Praying - Prayer Changes Everything! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- New Year - New You - Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Subscription Special: Subscribe to Charisma for two years for Only $29.97 and get two free gifts. Gift #1 The Harbinger. Gift #2 The Harbinger II. Both books are by New York Times Best-Selling author Jonathan Cahn. View Offer