If we talk bad about ourselves, we probably speak badly about others.
Negative self-talk is dangerous because we hear the words and begin to believe them.
I sometimes call myself names on the golf course. I repeat scripts I heard in my childhood,
I verbally describe my golf game as would a television sports commentator; "Bob, what's this kid doing in a golf tournament? He has no talent!"
Long ago I decided, I battle competitive forces every day at the office, I don't want to compete on the golf course.
So why do I ridicule myself following a bad shot or six?
Why would any of us ever engage in bad self-talk?
We all need to find our answer to that question. Certainly, we need to change our thinking about our worth to the Father. We need to speak to our strengths and value.
We hear enough negative words from others. We don't need to join the party.
Speak well of yourself and perhaps we can keep His commandment to "love your neighbor as yourself."
Lead yourself with love.
"But none of these things deter me. Nor do I count my life of value to myself, so that I may joyfully finish my course and the ministry which I have received from the Lord Jesus, to testify to the gospel of the grace of God" (Acts 20:24).
Dr. Steve Greene is the publisher and executive vice president—Media Group, Charisma Media. Sign up here for Dr. Greene's newsletters.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Incredible Savings, Inspiration and Encouragement from CHARISMA:
- End Of The Year - Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
- Big Discounts On Book Bundles & Gifts: Click Here to view all our bundles and save up to 72%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, and more.
- FREE eCourses by CHARISMA: Click Here to view all eight of our free courses. Topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Women Of God: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Prayer Changes Everything! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.